While creating a nice looking website that is well laid out is a plus and important part to your affiliate business, letting it sit there without any significant effort running it, will not get you any traffic out of the blue. While affiliate marketing is easy to do, it doesn’t mean that you don’t put in any effort in your marketing work to stay profitable and viable. To make it work, you must look carefully at how well your site is made while also investigating how you are going to get in touch with other people.
Fortunately there are several things that you can do to build traffic on your site.
Using social media
The first thing you have to do is to let the world know that your website exists. One of the best ways to do this is by using social media. Social media are extremely popular with large numbers of people
A social media page can be set up and planned to promote your affiliate marketing. Post messages on popular social feeds
Also, be active on feeds that relate to what you are promoting. Post regularly on these feeds and people will click on a link to your feed wanting to know more.
You should not limit yourself to Facebook and twitter accounts, you could also utilize Instagram, pinterest and google plus. However, you do not need to participate in all of them, you only need to find the online communities where most of your target audience spends most of their time. For example for young adults between 20 – 25 Instagram and snap chat are more popular while 25 to 40 Facebook, interest or twitter are more popular.
This method of getting traffic is one of the most intimidating for most internet marketers. The first step of guest posting is to create an excellent article related to the topic of your affiliate website. You will need it to be pleasant and well researched for the readers of the other website.
After creating the new content, make a list of websites where your target audience regularly visit. This should not be other affiliates websites but websites considered authorities in your niche industry. You can find a “write-for-us” sections in websites like Huffington Post. Generally you should avoid this general publications and focus on big publications or online magazines that cater for your niche.
To achieve this you will need to email the administrators of the websites. In your email be courteous and straight forward. You could also talk about what the content is about. In exchange for writing ask for a link back to your website. This will help in your SEO rankings and may provide some traffic.
Once accepted focus on also writing new post once a month.
Search Engine Optimization
The best way to get traffic to your website is through search engine optimization. These tools are used for specific types of content in the search able web. They organize the website based on data they collect.
If your website is found safe, legal, and easy to use, it will be added to the search database. When an internet user enters a word or phrase, the search algorithm uses this information and searches all websites they have crawled matching information.
Because multiple websites have the same type of information, reaching the top spot in the result page will require you to deal with tough competition.
How to optimize content for search engines
- The first phase starts in the building and developing your website. Search engines will check for your domain name, website tag link, and different internal links that you offer in your website primary menu. Second to this, your website will also be identified by headlines of your post. You should start with important keywords and include them in your domain name. You should also use related keywords and phrases in the relevant links in your website. This makes part the basic parts of your site-level optimization.
- The second phase involves page-level optimization. This is more important because it will be your pages that will be individually ranked in the search result pages. It all starts with the keyword you use in your title of your articles. Make sure that the title includes 50 – 60 characters.
- Thirdly, you should consider what to write below the SEO title. This is the meta description of the page. Ideally this paragraph should be telling the reader what the information is in the page. This paragraph should be around 320 characters.
- fourthly, you will need to create the body of your content. For short content types like news, blog posts and updates the body should be around 350 words. for long post words should be at least 750 words and up. It should also include paragraphs and keyword often mentioned but not stuffed.
- Next to text, adding image is also very important. The presence of images in the page indicate a break in the wall of content. This will make it easier for the eyes of your user.
- Lastly, you will need to add video whenever there is need for it. The video should compliment the content of the website.
Marketing in forums and other online communities
This is working with other websites that have big online communities with your target audience. This could be a membership site or forums. In these sites you could ask to guest post by blogging. You should first gain their trust before being salesy. You could also consider looking for Q&A websites like Quora, Yahoo Answers. You need to find websites that fit your niche. e.g PC problems.
Using ads to get traffic
When your website is ready to accept traffic, it is time to start using paid methods to get traffic. It is common mistake to rely on organic traffic only. Organic traffic takes long and is harder to get. This is solely due to massive competition.
In paid traffic the number of competing websites is not as high. Paid traffic methods are the fastest in building traffic to your website. This method is however very risky if you do not know what you are doing and have no experience of using advertisement platforms. This requires a lot of planning to carry out an effective campaign.
First you need a platform where you will use ads. Facebook, google ad words are one of the biggest platforms and are mostly recommended for beginners. Google ad words can be used for websites using google ad sense. You can target your ads based on search terms used.
Creating a landing page. Next to contents and ads is creating a landing page. The landing page is the most important part of the entire process ad campaigns. Throughout the page there should be a call-to-action button with affiliate link.
Traffic is the life line of your business
Remember that Affiliate marketing is all about reaching as many people as you can who need the product you are promoting. Start by creating one asset at a time with the right mindset and strategy. The more time and effort you put into this business the better chance of succeeding.
Feel free to reach out below with any comments or questions