Affiliate marketing provides an awesome business opportunity that you can do from the comfort of your home or computer. You can create recurring, passive income by finding the right companies to promote their products or services. As an affiliate you get paid to refer new customers to a company on your website or blog.
Steps to follow as you begin your pursuit of a future recurring passive income:
1. Picking the right product or service (Niche)
It is generally advisable to pick a product that is selling and that you have knowledge about or are passionate about. This could be anything on any product or service. For example if you like working out and staying fit you could promote products aligned to this niche idea e.g whey protein or tutorials related to effective working out. Choosing a product is the most important and difficult step.
With the right product and knowledge of it, its easier for you to build a relationship with your potential customers as you provide valuable information to them leading them to actually make a purchase from the vendor and in return you earn a commission.
The topic you choose must have enough depth that you can create a lot of content from it.
2. Finding an Affiliate link/ program
Once you have picked on a niche it is time to research on affiliate programs and product you are intending to promote. Choosing the right program requires investing a significant amount of your time as this is where you will be making money from. The keys to guide you while doing your research should include the following:
- Relevance and quality of the product or service you are promoting to your audience. You will need to build trust with your audience by making sure the product or services are trust worthy enough for you to be associated with them.
- The types of merchants using the affiliate program. When other sellers are using this program you are able to know that you are more likely to profit from the program as it is working for them.
- How much commission are you likely to make from the product. Make sure you sign up for programs that are profitable and generate sufficient returns. Over 50% commission is ideal to invest in but there are programs that offer 75% to 100% commission. Do not settle for less than 50% commission as a rule of thumb.
- A good place to jump start your affiliate business with one of the top successful super affiliates that will teach you everything about affiliate marketing for a an affordable fee would be through the following link click here: http://9f9ff2wdtjchuei7fe789mazd8.hop.clickbank.net/
- Prompt and effective customer service. Research online to see if you can speak to a person via phone or how long it takes to get an email response.
3. Build a website
In building a website for a newbie fortunately enough this is not complicated and is easy to do without being tech savvy or having any knowledge. The easiest way is by using word press software. This is a very easy step by step software to use. additionally, you will be required to buy also
- A domain. This is the address for your site, typically ranges from $11. To 15.99. Go daddy and name cheap are a few places to purchase a domain name. Be sure to choose a good domain name
- Set up hosting. This is where your site lives. The place where your website files live. also at go daddy.
- Once hosting is set up, istall
WordPress: this is easy and only takes a couple minutes.
Theme: there are thousands of themes available in relation to your product.
Create Content: the content must be relevant to your niche and must be interesting and engaging.
4. Create quality content
This is the life blood of your website. Content creating is relative very time-consuming but very important. You must consistently produce quality content for your site weekly.
This will consist of:
- creating blog post relevant to your niche.
- Giving free information about your product.
- Product reviews
5. Building An audience
This can be done through the following ways:
- Building an email list: this can be done by encouraging your audience to sign up for updates. This builds trust and will lead to your audience purchasing the product when the time comes.
- Using social media: Promoting your product via Facebook, tweeter, creating you tube videos from home.
- Investing in paid advertising: Paid advertising on social media generates additional traffic to your site leading to increased sales.
6. Promote affiliate offers.
This can be done by:
- discounts and give aways
- email promotions, sending emails with affiliate links that your audience can click and make a purchase.
- In text content links, this is a blog post with links to a certain product or email.
Consistency and hard work
With the above steps, making your first commission and earning a passive income requires you to put in the work and continually create and promote your product. Although this might seem overwhelming, it is easier while following the steps and the time and effort in the long run will prove to be rewarding as you grow in affiliate marketing.
Please feel free to leave a comment or have any question below,